Sunday, February 20, 2005

I hate Home Depot I love Home Depot

I'll say it: I'm a snob. Now that that's out of the way let's get down to it. I assume that anything found there is sub-par and I prefer to go to task-specific upscale professional grade places. Tile manufacturers in the warehouse district, old house parts from Rejuvination or Hippo Hardware... you get the idea. Plus the Home Depot, while certainly not remotely as evil as a Wal-Mart, it is a big box that displaces the little guy. The problem is that I can't wait. The little guy takes the day off on Sunday. I must maximize each moment when Benjamin is asleep to accomplish tasks. Shockingly they had the miracle product Red Guard along with many many critical things to the bathroom project and mystery project #2. Those who don't know what Red Guard is, well, sit down and listen up. Nevermind. It's dreadfully boring but it will make my life much easier than the traditional product it replaces. So hail hail the Home Depot with its Sunday hours.

No comments: