- I am disconnected from fast food & factory farms
- I am disconnected from malls
- I am disconnected from a car commute & requisite concern for gas prices. In fact I'd *love* to see them hit $9/gallon. Not right away, not in such a way that really screws over those just getting by but in an easily seen trend, say up a dollar every year. This would radically alter the economy in an ecologically positive way. & ... I'm quite sure of this one, our aggegate GDP would rise faster as a result.
The more I live, the more I am connected to all that is good in this country:
- I am connected with indy and local sources of food & coffee... & super fresh eggs!
- I am connected with the mountains, bike racing scene, & PDX culture
- I am connected to my job via a ten mile bike commute